Sunday, January 8, 2012

WitchVox Article: How May I Service You Today?

My WitchVox article "How May I Service You Today?" is up:

I think service can be a difficult concept to our community because there are obvious services that many of us do not do... helping at a soup kitchen or a domestic violence helpline, volunteering in Haiti, etc. We all feel we should be doing these things but most of us don't. And because we keep holding ourselves to standards we may not ever be able to reach (yeah, ask me how becoming a Girl Scout Leader is going) because of our busy lives, we hamstring ourselves from having the opportunity to give small services. If you do big services like I listed above, you are truly an angel. But many of us get too bogged down in our daily lives and it can be challenging to get involved in a larger more global cause. To that I say two things:

1. Think globally; act locally.

2. What do you care about?



Read the rest here.

1 comments:

Unknown said...

What do you care about ? What do you Love ?
Your article reminds me of something I wrote yesterday. Fever

Post a Comment