Monday, January 2, 2012

[New Year, New You] Writing Prompt: Relax, Don't Do It

In the continuing adventures of the non-consentual D/s relationship
I have with my Muse, she requested this picture as it is an
"old school" pin up.  

The New Year, New You Project is an experiment in Magical Radical Transformation.  Please see here for how to participate! 


Please remember to leave a link here to your blog entry with your response to this prompt or an update on your own Experiment.


Deities: Dolphin, Bastet, Dionysus, Freyja, Lila

Moon Phase: Waxing Gibbous Moon - As we're moving from Waning to Waxing, start concentrating on using this phase as a slow working up to your potential power.
Days of the Week: Sunday, Monday, Friday


Inspirational Song for Your Brainmeats: Dirty Laundry, Bitter:Suite (I'm just a bad girl/ that's why we get along/ won't make excuses for anything I'm doing wrong/ What's the point in playing it safe?/ Wouldn't you rather misbehave?)


My entry on what I've been putting off will be, well, put off a little.  Jow has been v. sick with some kind vicious stomach bug so I've been tending to him.  He's just starting to get back to his cheerful self now but he was pretty miserable.  Ironically, given the name of this challenge, my New Year's didn't really go according to plan and neither did my New Year's Day but in a weird way while I don't like for Jow to be sick, I'm kind of glad I didn't get too caught up in the day itself because I find it has a way of derailing progress for the rest of the year.

Which is why if you have been doing what the prompts have been prompting you to do, I hope you can understand the reasoning behind this prompt.  Even if you're behind in the prompting, I suggest doing this prompt for this week very strongly.  I'll write you a permission slip, go out of order!  You already started pushing when it was the hardest to push and I've been reading all your diligent work.  But this week especially in my opinion is not a good week to be working on any kind of major progress in your goals.  I say this because this week especially stinks of the first world "quick fix/quick resolution" egregore where people make their goals with the best of intentions and then half heartedly work on them during this week and then fuck them up and then they give up.  You don't want to get your serious work that you already started messed up in that energy.  This program has seven more weeks to go and then will pick up fourteen more weeks right after in the mini eCourse.  You have plenty of time to get the things you want to do done, I promise.  I'm going to be pushing you like whoa again starting next week.

Your mission for this week is a simple one but for many may be the hardest.  I want you to do something nice for yourself.  It doesn't have to be anything really expensive or even super time consuming.  I want you to give yourself permission to enjoy the fruits of your labor and to give yourself something nice.  You know what you like, what's something you usually deny yourself because it's frivolous?  Do that and do it with your full heart - no guilt, no "oh but I should be", just something you enjoy, a gift from you to you for being willing to change your life.

Some suggestions:

* A salted caramel hot cocoa from Starbucks at a bookstore where you look at French Vogue and pretend you're part of GossipGirl


* A bottle of Prosecco, bread, fruit, cheese and dried meats and your favorite book.

* An hour playing a video game you never have time for

* Going to a yoga class and then feel smug about the sundae you eat afterwards.

* Buying yourself a small luxury item just because (flowers, cashmere socks, a favorite magazine, a new lipstick).

* A car ride in the countryside with your favorite music playing

* A long bath

* A massage

* A pedicure (it's good for boys too, I assure you)

* A mini marathon of your favorite trashy telly show with your favorite indulgence (smoking, drinking, junk food, etc.)

Go forth!


28 comments:

petoskystone said...

Just a note, here: my favorite trashy telly show, Absolutely Fabulous, has a 20 yr. anniversary *new* episode on 8 Jan. at 10 p.m. on BBCAmerica. Yea! Hope you & J. feel a *lot* better by then!

Deborah Castellano said...

Ooooooooh! Thanks for the heads up! I have it taping now!

Unknown said...

oh honey, as soon as I read this I had to also put the videos in my post. http://walkwithpeace.blogspot.com/2012/01/new-year-new-you-relax.html

The ocelot said...

And now I will go neglect the kitchen, the sinks that need fixing, the front lawn, and when someone asks, blame it all on poor Deb. Prompt - Relax, Don't Do It.

Dyane said...

Oh, get better fast! My entry is here: http://threewitches.biz/blog/?p=1420

Anonymous said...

Now I can excuse my exhaustion AND drink good tea.
Mmmm Tea.

Unknown said...

This was hard to do.....

Anonymous said...

Channeling Divine flow via Chocolate pudding

Monsignor Scott Rassbach said...

A brief review of The Chronology of Water, an indulgence on my part. If you haven't read it, you simply must. It's an alchemical experience.

Rufus Opus said...

Deb, this was the hardest one so far. :D Here's my contribution, don't know if it technically counts or not.

BTW, you have great taste in "doing nice things for yourself," if I do say so myself.

petoskystone said...

Here's my post: http://hedgehogwolverine.blogspot.com/2012/01/newyear-new-you-prompt-relax-dont-do-it.html
Scattered, but about as relaxed as I get ;)

Bea said...

Here's my contribution to this prompt, Honey Bath Bomb and Real Bitches

Satyr Magos said...

You enabler, you.

Rose Weaver said...

My contribution for the week:

New Year, New You - Relax, Don't Do It

Anonymous said...

The name of my game is "mindful indulgence."

Peeps said...

My post: Chill, Baby, Chill This one is far more difficult than it should be...and I'm going out of my way to not cheat my way out of it.

Teresa said...

You are an enabler! LOL

Lazy week.

Anonymous said...

Whew! All caught up:
http://ximeragrey.com/2012/01/08/new-year-new-you-relax-dont-do-it/

The Were-Owl said...

http://the-were-owl.blogspot.com/2012/01/nyny-week-4.html This was an awesome prompt. Thanks!

The Unlikely Mage said...

Yay for Filk conventions!

Grace said...

just a short bit:
http://witchybook.livejournal.com/141046.html

Chrys said...

Blogg-ed!

http://chrysilla.dreamwidth.org/8296.html :-D

Ocean Delano said...

Here is my late submission!

Clicky Here!

Anonymous said...

Blogged late, but blogged.

http://birchtreemaiden.wordpress.com/2012/01/15/small-kindnesses-new-year-new-you/

~ Mari said...

here i am.

pitiful blogger

Anonymous said...

I'm so behind on the writing prompts! http://blackvanitymirror.com/2012/02/02/new-year-new-you-3-response-to-relax-dont-do-it/

MG Ellington said...

http://xjenavivex.livejournal.com/647920.html

Thank you so much for this. I am afraid this overlaps with a prompt that comes a little later. I really needed this though. I hope you guys are well-recovered now.

G. J. Jolly said...

Here it is 4 days later and I'm finally giving you the link to my post for this one. Sorry for the delay.

http://www.glynisj.com/2012/03/new-year-new-you-for-myself-entry-3/

Post a Comment