Monday, January 23, 2012

Banana Oat Almond Butter Smoothie

There's nothing like eating half a baby cow/veal, two pounds of mozzarella (half fried naturally), a pound of pasta, half a pound of spumoni ice cream and a gallon of aperitif in celebration of one's birthday to make one want to eat salad and smoothies for a day and a half after in an attempt to digest all of that mess.

My actual birthday is tomorrow, but I was *supposed* to be eating fried mac and cheese at a rockabilly roadhouse with all my besties but it snowed and I didn't want heavy food and heavy guilt in me due to someone getting into a car accident so instead, Jow and my bff April and I went to a v. local Italian place where I consoled myself in the way of my people. What kills me is what I ate used to just be like a Friday night for me (hence why I'm fat now) but now the next day (. . .and the day after) was just a total food hang over.  Penance smoothies and salads were our only hope for digestion.  So I bring you. . .





Banana Oat Almond Butter Smoothie



Ingredients

1/2 cup quick oatmeal
1 cup plain low-fat yogurt
2 banana, cut into thirds
1 cup fat-free milk
4 teaspoons honey
2 tablespoons almond butter
1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
1 packet protein powder (we used hemp protein powder)
1 teaspoon flax seeds
4 ice cubes

Put everything in a blender and blend until smooth.

5 comments:

Mr. J. said...

That was a heroic amount of cheese. Seriously. I am still impressed by us all.

Elle said...

The title of this post sounds all mouthwatering and stuff.

Yeah, "Banana Oat Almond Butter Smoothie". Mouthwatering!

It sounds amazing. Thanks for the recipe. Might try it for a post-workout smoothie when I may need one!

Unknown said...

this sounds yummy! i just got a ninja blender so i am going to try this out. thanks for posting!

petoskystone said...

I can't do bananas. Just can't...the texture, the shape, the thoughts...urgh! The rest of it sound lovely, however ;) I baked cupcakes for my birthday. Used 2 lovely recipes from 'The Cupcake Diaries'. But, woof!, they want 4 tablespoons of frosting per cupcake...& a very rich & lovely cream cheese frosting it was ;)

MG Ellington said...

Most mornings now I am making smoothies in the morning at work for breakfast.

Post a Comment