Monday, April 19, 2010

Nice to Meet You, Charmed . . .

My layout is thanks to Dossy! He rocks my socks, whenever I am limited by my own low skill level, I can Veruca Salt whine and he fixes because he's cool like that.

So, a bit about me as I'm sure you're *dying* to know. My regularly scheduled blogging is over on el-jay as we say over on that 'hood, but my SO has been trying to talk me into blogging about my magicy goodness over here. Apparently, if I want discussion based discourse, this is the place to be. I had been fairly quiet on the blogs I syndicate over to my lj because (a) omg a drag to click a link and log into my gmail and (b) I have a big mouth and am not always known for my massive amount of tact. Keeping my opinions to myself is not really where I excel, I tend to have that Angelina Jolie like need to blurt out anything I'm thinking.

Anyway. I was Catholic for the first 18 years of my life, CCD, confirmed, church every Sunday, confession, the whole nine. I came from a pretty progressive church so I don't have a lot of baggage, it just wasn't for me anymore. I wanted to be able to at least be a deacon, which I thought was fair but the Pope disagreed.

Then I "turned my back on thousands of years of family tradition" as my mother so colorfully put it when I came out of the broom closet, by becoming a Dianic Wiccan. I'm still part of my circle and I'm an initiated Priestess there, I consider it part of my "public" practice. Dianics can heal like whoa and I find it a good way to get connected to the Goddess within. I've been Dianic for 13 years. The other part of my public practice is Grove of the Other Gods, which is one of the largest groves with ADF. We're sort of the snake handling part of the organization. I consider GoG a good way to get connected to the gods and goddesses without. I have led rits there as well. I have been part of GoG for 9 years.

In my private practice, I consider myself primarily a hearth woman. I have been initiated as a shaman (9 years), I do a little hoodoo, I do a little kitchen witchery, I do pooja based Hindu practice, and some divination.

Gods/Goddesses/Beings Bigger than Me I work with to varying degrees but have altar space in my home: Yemaya, Crow, Parvati, Durga, Shiva, Demeter, Persephone, Hecate, Eris, Bast, Pan, Nyx, The Morrigan, and Diana.

3 comments:

Rufus Opus said...

GoG doesn't bother me much on its own, but when it starts hanging out with Magog, I gets nervous.

Dossy Shiobara said...

After reading this ... especially the third and fourth paragraphs ... you inspired me to write - or, maybe, clarified my thoughts - about something that's been in the back of my consciousness for a long time, now.

http://dossy.org/2010/04/rational-religiousness-oxymorons-all-of-you/

Would love to hear your take on it.

stacy said...

wow. you sure we're not separated at birth? lol.

I'm into Dianic Wicca, hoodoo, voodoo, kitchen witchery, hearth witch, hindu puja, shakta tantra.. whew.

I'm also 31, though I live in CA.

I'm so happy I found your blog. I have been having trouble melding all these things into one cohesive spiritual practice. I decided recently to fuck the cohesive and just "play it by ear" .. we'll see how it works.

Anyways, very happy to find your blog. I love it.

Post a Comment