Tuesday, January 17, 2012

[New Year, New You] Weekly Writing Prompt: Maps (Wait, They Don't Love You Like I Love You)


The New Year, New You Project is an experiment in Magical Radical Transformation.  Please see here for how to participate! 

Please remember to leave a link here to your blog entry with your response to this prompt or an update on your own Experiment.


As usual, without even discussing it, my PEH and I are on the same page.

This week's prompt is for you to go some place that is sacred to you and to use the experience to guide you in your work for 2012.  Look for signs and omens everywhere, write down your dream from the night before and if your drunken whore of a Muse (. . .or, you know, your own personal spirits) give you direct input as to where to go and/or how to spend your time there, do what they tell you to do (. . .within reason, don't get stupid on me now, Charmers) and see where it takes you.

The point of this prompt is more about being open to an experience and relaxing your mind and seeing what kind of revelations you come to.  We don't all have access to standing stones, it's about going to a place that's important to you in your own personal cosmogram - it could be a town, a bar, a church, someone's house, a restaurant, whatever.  You know your own map.  And it doesn't matter if your dreams are filled with your boss telling you to buy tomatoes and vodka on the expense account and demanding you mask it so that Accounting doesn't bother zir (. . .not from personal dream experience or anything) or if all you hear on the radio is Sexy and I Know It ninety billion times on repeat and that the only wild life you see is someone's Labrador and Red Mini Coopers suddenly seem important, write it all down.  Don't try to interpret it until you're writing your blog entry.  Let it marinade by your bedside until you write your blog entry.

Go find adventure.

19 comments:

Unknown said...

Whoa!!!!! I just want to applaud you on your excellent musical taste (if I guessed right where the title of this prompt came from), touche.

Teresa said...

In an ideal world, I'd have remembered to title this.

~rolleyes~

The ocelot said...

It's into the woods for me. Maps.

Rose Weaver said...

Well, this was timely:

Mapping Sacred Places

Peeps said...

I've been singing this song all week because of you...

Maps

Anonymous said...

I'm a little late to the party but here's my post:
Field Trip

Anonymous said...

There has been blogging (although no dream pillows).

http://birchtreemaiden.wordpress.com/2012/01/22/are-you-receiving-new-year-new-you/

The Were-Owl said...

Thanks again for some thought-provoking ideas! This ended up being much more useful than I thought it would: Internal Journey

Anonymous said...

And... here's my entry for this thought, checking the map.

Enjoy. I feel like I was a little off-base on this one, because I chose to consider WHEN, and not just WHERE. At least I laid out a bit of an itinerary for the near future, though.

Anonymous said...

Huh. I'm adding another one to my list. The Recatchpa word for my last comment was Charing, and as far as I know there's only one Charing in the world that's really important — Charing Cross in London.

So maybe I should go visit Gordon, even if Gordon has no idea who I am. :-)

Unknown said...

Bazinga!

The ocelot said...

The update: Maps: an Update.

Unknown said...

http://walkwithpeace.blogspot.com/2012/01/new-year-new-you-maps.html

done

Chrys said...

http://chrysilla.dreamwidth.org/9408.html

Blogg'd! Due to more sickliness, I decided to stick with my own personal sacred space :-)

Satyr Magos said...

Finally done. Interestingly, I also worked on my own sacred space for this.

Anonymous said...

Maps and a meditation exercise I made up

Anonymous said...

The weather finally changed and I had some extra spoons!
Maps

MG Ellington said...

http://xjenavivex.livejournal.com/648329.html

This may be a different take than it should be on the concept.

G. J. Jolly said...

http://www.glynisj.com/2012/03/new-year-new-you-maps/

I think this one hit me at a bad time.

Post a Comment