Monday, January 30, 2012

[Recipe Monday] Pineapple-Strawberry-Banana Smoothie

Like this, only fatter.
So, long story short I have a sinus infection.  I've been sick on and off since Christmas with a constant back and forth between me, Jow and various children related and not as I'm a first year nanny.  I'm told by more experienced childcare professionals that my immune system will be strong as hell by next year but right now it's awful.  I'm now on a z-pack and today is a dozy as it's a double dose.

Jow and I had a nice lunch though at McCormick and Shmick's with yummy smoked duck pizza and bowls of smoky rich New England clam chowder.  Part of how I'm being less fat now (because I've lost seven pounds so far) is that when we have a rich lunch (and better then, more time to digest), we have a smoothie for dinner because we're not that hungry and we're tired and lame.  Tonight's smoothie!

Pineapple Strawberry Banana Smoothie
Makes 2
1 banana, broken into thirds
1 bag of frozen pineapple
1 cup fresh strawberries, hulled
1 cup orange juice
1 teaspoon flax seeds

Put it all into the blender and put it on high until smooth.  Done.

2 comments:

Michelle said...

yum, thanks for posting, will have to try that one.

MG Ellington said...

This sounds so good right now.

Post a Comment