Wednesday, January 18, 2012

Housekeeping Notes

1. Previously I had a button for donations to go towards furthering my own Occult/Pagan education but that money will now be allocated for the costs associated with running this website and the impending free eCourse.  If you've been getting something out of New Year, New You: An Experiment in Radical Magical Transformation, my website in general and/or are planning to take the free eCourse, consider donating a dollar or two.

2. I've been in such a daze from being sick since Christmas and starting additional hours with my day job that I haven't realized that I hadn't been using the moon phases, deity suggestions, etc for the prompts for the last couple weeks.  I apologize, I will endevour to remember them for future weeks during NYNY. 

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Deborah,

thanks for running the New Year New You program... You rock. You've mentioned the Fibro a few times now, and I am reminded of Dr. Wahl. (Link to Dr. Wahl at a TEDxIowa Conference). She more or less cured herself of Multiple Sclerosis by eating a diet of almost all plants, which she describes in the video, and more or less beat back the disease. As Hippocrates once said, "Let food be thy medicine and thy medicine be food."

It's totally not my business — not my disease, not my health issue, not my protocol and not my life — but (gah, there's me telling the world what to do again), does it make sense to suss out what veggies and fruits are strong in the vitamins and minerals that are in healthy cells of the kinds that fibromyalgia attacks, and then eat those foods for a while? It sounds like she (Dr. Wahl) made very rapid progress from being almost unable to move, to being strong and active. The two MS patients I know who follow something like her diet regimen are generally strong and healthy (for MS patients), and the one fibro patient I know face to face eats badly.

Again, not my life, YMMV, I don't know what I'm talking about, I have no medical degree and so on, etc, and so forth... but it's kept pinging against the back of my brain the last few days to say something. Said.

May you be healthy!

Butting out now. :-)

Deborah Castellano said...

Andrew, thanks for your suggestions :) I have tried a few different diets and vitamin supplements and none of them have have helped in particular (I know fibro patients who juice and fibro patients who are strictly carnivores and both claim that they work for them). B vitamins and D vitamins help somewhat and def not eating a lot of crap helps (I try to eat as much whole food as possible) but past that . . .not so much for me :)

Post a Comment