Sunday, April 18, 2010

You want me?/ Well fucking come on and find me/ I'll be waiting/ with a gun and a pack of sandwiches . . .

01 March 2010 @ 11:29 am

I'll be waiting/ with a gun and a pack of sandwiches . . .

As some of you may recall from my Pew! Pew! Pew! entry, I don't really shield.

The reason is, no one has been able to satisfactorily give me good reasons as to why I should. I logic out Jow's reasons until he's sick of me. I'm not *opposed* per se. It's just, okay, I don't wear a flack jacket to work and I don't have a gun in my purse to tool around suburban NJ. What exactly am I doing magically that requires me to use so much protection? Everyone rolls their eyes at me and says I should shield. Certain people it makes sense to me - you're in the public eye as clergy of a large group, you're a sorcerer for hire, etc. But what am I doing that requires protection?

Is there a method that's basically the equivalent of being smart about your surroundings (keeping your cellphone in your hand along with your keys, being aware of the people and things around you, time of day, location, etc)?

Do you use shielding? Why or why not?

4 comments:

Theo Huffman said...

Well, you may not be the high priestess of the neighborhood pagan church (or maybe you are, and I don't know), but you are only one or two steps away from some very heavy hitters in the occult blogosphere, making you a member of (cue the dramatic music) "The Cabal". You never know. Some predatory Bible-thumping do-gooder hyenas might identify you as the young tender gazelle wandering along the edge of the herd, and... chomp! Mowed down in your prime by a killer prayer group.

Just sayin'.

Rufus Opus said...

Scrib's totally right, we're dangerous... DANGEROUS to be associated with...

Uh, sorry, bought my own press for a sec there.

I'm an advocate for setting up your ritual altar right and letting that be your shield. Mine's got all the elemental weapons, and if the spirits need more than that to fight, why, I'm fucked anyway. :D

Theo Huffman said...

Er... I hope everyone detected the irony in my comment, right?

Deborah Castellano said...

Don't worry Scribbler, you're safe with me. For now.

;p

Post a Comment