Friday, February 3, 2012

Book Rec

I was asked to do a book review for Witches & Pagans and it took a while for me to write one because I figured out why I'm not a big reader of Pagan/Occult books - because I am a v. v. critical reader and books more than thirty years old aren't, generally speaking, friendly to women and as I don't take kindly to being treated like a dog wearing clothes even if historically that's accurate, my book learnin' is spotty because I have to be able to get through it.  I had a few "meh" books (not even terrible enough to make them awesome) and finally got a good one.

It's called Coventry Magic with Candles, Oils, and Herbs by Jacki Smith.  I really liked the "salt of the earthiness" of it and learned some new skills that I've been integrating into my practice.

I can't really say more because - review, but it's good, get it.

2 comments:

petoskystone said...

I've been dithering about putting this book on the wish list as I had an issue with an order I had placed, through another site, for candles & incense from Coventry Candle. The candles themselves are gorgeous...it's the scent which I couldn't take. They smelled so strongly of perfume that I couldn't breathe easily.

Deborah Castellano said...

I've never bought her candles but I found her book pretty solid for the most part. I have some nitpicks but I'm that kind of reader ;p

Post a Comment