Monday, January 31, 2011

Recipe Monday: Almost French

Firstly, excuse my smugness because it's Wednesday and I'm writing this for Monday so I feel super ahead of the game for once. When looking for a picture of a French woman, I found the above in an article from an English speaking expat of some kind, blaming Americans for French sluttiness. Bitch, please. The French had that rep waaaay before we did. Just because we've recently acted up, you can't pretend that you're not known for mistresses, affairs, premartial sex, a "Latin" attitude and a laissez-faire approach to the workplace.

Anyway. I've been posting about my French experiment a lot on my Tumblr and while the intertubes seem to get what I'm saying, my real life friends seem mostly confused. So while this recipe in and of itself is not magical, it is part of my transformational journey towards leading the life I want to lead in all ways possible. So feel free to use it as a manifestation of what you would like to transform yourself into, just put your intent into the soup.

It's vaguely french in its ingredient content (maybe more Italian?) but not really because as I've learned, one does not fuck with French cooking. It is my own recipe because I've learned that whenever pureeing is involved, I peace the fuck out so I took like two ingredients from an existing recipe and then just went my own way. It is delicious, I just ate it.

Transformative Soup
1 carton organic low sodium chicken broth
2 cans cannellini beans, drained and rinsed
1 tablespoon butter
1 capful of olive oil
4 garlic cloves, chopped
2 tablespoons grated Parmesan cheese
1 small onion, chopped
palmful of fresh parsley, chopped
1 tablespoon fresh thyme, leaves only
a dash of chipotle pepper
Salt and pepper to taste

Heat the butter and olive oil in a medium sized pot. Add in onion. Brown for about 5 minutes and then put in the garlic. Brown for another two minutes. Put cannellini beans in and mash with a potato masher. Add the rest of the ingredients. Simmer for 30 minutes.

0 comments:

Post a Comment