Tuesday, December 27, 2011

[New Year, New You] Weekly Writing Prompt: Something You've Been Putting Off


The New Year, New You Project is an experiment in Magical Radical Transformation.  Please see here for how to participate! 

Please remember to leave a link here to your blog entry with your response to this prompt or an update on your own Experiment.

Deities: Beaver, Uzume, Sehkmet, Ullr, Demeter, Saraswati


Phase of the Moon: The Waning Crescent Moon right now.  Use this phase to focus on banishing laziness from getting shit done that needs to get done.


Days of the Week: Tuesday, Saturday


Inspirational Music for Your Brain Meats: On the Radio, Regina Spektor (No, this is how it works/ You peer inside yourself/ You take the things you like/ And try to love the things you took/ And then you take that love you made/ And stick it into some/ Someone else's heart/ Pumping someone else's blood/ And walking arm in arm/ You hope it don't get harmed/ But even if it does/ You'll just do it all again)  


Let's face it, Charmers, the critical component to success or failure in your goals is your ability to do shit you don't want to do.  I can promise you that your goals are crammed chock full of glistening gems that you would rather claw your own eyes out than address.  If you liked addressing these things, your goals wouldn't be goals, they would be called Items I Am Already Doing No Problem-o.  


As O-Ren Ishii once said, Now's the fucking time.  Stop being a slag, stop complaining, stop coming up with amazing awesome reasons as to why you can't do it right now and close your eyes and grit your teeth and just do it.  Do it now before everyone else starts making their half assed efforts towards radical self change in a week or less because once you jump this hurdle, the other hurdles become much easier.  Now when you're most tired, now when you least want to.  Now is the time you show the universe how magic is done.


I believe in you, Charmers.  

32 comments:

Amber said...

Here's my response: http://motherearthsarms.wordpress.com/2011/12/27/something-youve-been-putting-off-response/

Dyane said...

Is this the weekly prompt? Are we supposed to blog about something we've been putting off & how we're going to stop?

Deborah Castellano said...

@ Dyane - Each week is a different prompt :)

rohnin said...

@dyane, I believe the point is to do it, not blog about it.

@deb, here's mine: I've been hesitant about starting this [New Year, New You] thing. With this line-"Now is the time you show the universe how magic is done"- I'm diffident no longer: I'm jumping in. Consider this post #0.

Anonymous said...

http://witchinthesuburbs.wordpress.com/2011/12/29/new-year-new-you-nows-the-fucking-time/

x

Dyane said...

Deb, I know that each week is a different prompt, I just wasn't sure this was the one for this week. Rohnin, I do get the point of the exercise, but it isn't called a writing prompt without reason, nor are we asked to leave a link to our blog post unless we are in turn, asked to blog about each prompt.

My post for this one is here: http://threewitches.biz/blog/?p=1409

Anonymous said...

"I can promise you that your goals are crammed chock full of glistening gems that you would rather claw your own eyes out than address. If you liked addressing these things, your goals wouldn't be goals, they would be called Items I Am Already Doing No Problem-o."

Truer words were never spoken. :-P


Also: Bloggity Blog Blog Blog:

http://birchtreemaiden.wordpress.com/2011/12/28/things-i-hate-doing-new-year-new-you/


TTFN,
Moi. :-)

Anonymous said...

So, here's my writing prompt for this week:

Be a Banyan Tree

I think it's a pretty good one, especially since it's one of my first major encounters with a non-human entity that I was really sharply aware of. Enjoy!

Anonymous said...

My post is up too. Thanks for making me think about this stuff.

Anonymous said...

Posted :D

The ocelot said...

Funny, I was just thinking about this yesterday...Addendum to Prompt #2/Putting Things Off.

Rose Weaver said...

Once again, quite timely. Posted. :) Being my Beaver Self

Deborah Castellano said...

@ Dyane - I realized I didn't title it as a prompt, I have edited the title to fix that. Thanks for the heads up :)

Peeps said...

Here's mine: http://paganpeeps.blogspot.com/2011/12/out-with-old-in-with-unknown.html

Unknown said...

Bazinga.

Bea said...

Catching up after Chrimbo! Here is part 1 of mine for both prompts 2 and 3.

Bea said...

Here is part 2

Satyr Magos said...

My formal responce. Also: highly relevant

polyphanes said...

Here's my due! Happy New Years, everyone!

The Were-Owl said...

Link! Short one this week--I have a lot to think about, but right now I have to head out for a road trip!

Unknown said...

posted> http://walkwithpeace.blogspot.com/2011/12/nyny-get-off-your-butt.html

Ocean Delano said...

Here's mine:

Tonight I'm gonna bury that horse in the ground!

Anonymous said...

Who me? Procrastinate? Nah...

The Unlikely Mage said...

And the straggler comes in.

Chrys said...

Blog'd! http://chrysilla.dreamwidth.org/7926.html

Its a bit long and rambly, scroll down to the NYNY button if you want just the prompted part :-)

Unknown said...

Running a tad bit behind, as per usual, but here it is!

Anonymous said...

Done --
http://ximeragrey.com/2012/01/06/new-year-new-you-something-youve-been-putting-off/

Teresa said...

Ways in which I suck....

Teresa said...

Addendum to above....

Better Choices.

Lilith said...

Aand catching up again
It's short because it's already in the Goals post ... ;)

Anonymous said...

So, in writing about things I've been putting off... I find that I haven't been putting off much... which is, I suppose a good thing! The only bit thing, is being more active :)

http://theforestwitch.wordpress.com/2012/01/14/new-year-new-you-something-ive-been-putting-off/

G. J. Jolly said...

Hi Deb

You can find my post for this one at http://www.glynisj.com/2012/02/new-year-new-you-stuck-entry-2/

Post a Comment