Wednesday, December 14, 2011

[New Year, New You] Quick Note

I just wanted to let you all know that I've been reading all your plots and plans for The Project.  It's been really exciting reading everyone's ideas!  I encourage you to check out what everyone's doing, the links are all there.

As you likely saw, the first prompt is up.  I also want to remind you to post links to your updates in the comments, even if they're not related to the prompts.  That way we can all keep each other in the loop about our progress and of course, more contest entries.

Good luck to everyone on our first week!

(Somewhat) unrelatedly, is anyone decent in French?  I have a question.

11 comments:

Unknown said...

My french is a bit rusty, but ask away.
I also have one question. How do I put the image with the link on my blog ?

Unknown said...

And here is a link to my first update.
http://diem-et-noctem.blogspot.com/2011/12/new-year-new-you-ii.html

Vagabond Anne said...

My French is decent, but rusty. Happy to give it a shot.

Anonymous said...

I took several years in college and would also be happy to help, though it looks like you may already have it covered.

Deborah Castellano said...

Thanks everyone! I'm looking to say "glamour magic" which I think would use the words "eclat" and "magie" but I'm not sure on word order, connecting words and articles. Halp?

Vagabond Anne said...

This would really depend on the entire sentence, and what you are trying to say, context, etc. Eclat originally meant fragment or shard, and now means shine or sparkle (I guess what shines from a shard). Glamour in English can mean many things, too many things! And the French use "glamoreux/se" as a borrowed word. Originally glamour just meant magic or enchantment (see etymology here: http://www.etymonline.com/index.php?term=glamour). So,"eclat magie" might mean magic sparkle, which is maybe not what you mean to say. Hope that helps. Email me if you like, and I can run it past a French teacher! Vagabondanne@gmail.com

Deborah Castellano said...

@ Hanshishiro - Do you use Blogger as a platform? If so, take the code and paste it under the "HTML" Gadget that can be found in the Layout section.

Unknown said...

ok ok ok i posted (as Brighid and Eos Glare at me)
http://walkwithpeace.blogspot.com/2011/12/making-way.html

~ Mari said...

i took something like twelve years of french. did you get what you needed already?

Deborah Castellano said...

Vagabond Anne was kind enough to help, but we were thinking to get a second opinion as well! Could you give me your email address?

~ Mari said...

mari @ mariadkins.com (without the spaces)

Post a Comment