Tuesday, January 18, 2011

Retro Recipe Monday: A Day Late, a Dollar Short!

For those of you who are not Mad Men geeks, our Retro Recipe Monday heroine is Betty Draper Francis, played by January Jones.


So while I was not on a Sacred Sexuality panel with D/s mistresses and yoga aficionados and did not develop a nervous habit of cussin' on a panel in the middle of the afternoon like Some People, I was allegedly responsible for being a Track Head at Arisia for Steampunk. Something about running the first Neo-Victorian/Steampunk con, I s'pose. Fear not though, my hearth witchery skills were still put to the test as I led a panel discussion on manners, worked "front of the house" in the green room, led a workshop on Tussy Mussies and hostessed a Cream Tea.

So, I'm tired. We just got back last night and I slept like the dead for like fifteen hours, thrilled that my cat would not be insistent about having a loud discussion about Star Trek in front of my door during sleeping hours (whatever teenage girl that was, I will hunt you down and find you next year so watch your back, sister).

Which is why we get moar Cooking for Company, hooray! Again, my offer stands, anyone who makes anything posted on a Recipe Monday will get a guest Recipe Monday spot with a plug for your blog.

Buttered Shrimp and Pineapple
Unusual food combination makes this pretty main dish a conversation piece

4 tblsp. butter or margarine
1 large green pepper, seeded and cut crosswise into 1/4" thick rings
1 1/2 lbs. large uncooked shrimp (fresh shrimp or frozen, thawed), shelled and deveined
1 (1 lb. 4oz.) can pineapple slices, drained or 8 slices fresh pineapple
3/4 tsp. salt
1/8 tsp. pepper
2 tsp. chili powder
Lime or lemon wedges

* Melt butter in a large skillet over medium heat. Add green pepper, shrimp and pineapple; season with salt and pepper and generously with chili powder.
* Saute, turning gently, just until shrimp turn pink and green pepper is tender-crisp - about 10 minutes. Serve immediately with lime or lemon wedges and steamed rice. Makes 4 servings.

0 comments:

Post a Comment