Monday, December 6, 2010

Recipe Monday: Back to Cooking with Company

Another retro recipe as last night Jow and I decided to make these drinks I had at an awesome speak easy in NYC last night so we're still waking up. As a bonus, I will include that as well! Next week, I will even write up one of my own (probably).

A random note, my job's final financial arrangements are still in progress (and it's a confirmed fact, my mom's accounting company does accounting for my company so there's nothing shady going on) but final tea was had. I find this arrangement frustrating, so to rebel for the first time ever I dyed purple streaks in my hair. I have worked for The Man since I was fourteen so I was never able to. Now that I will be a freelancer (and thanks for the vids, Gordon! That was happy making this morning), I can do what I want. Next on my list: a v. small nose stud piercing in my right nostril.


As usual, if you make this (ideally with pics), you get a guest blog spot for a Recipe Monday to describe your pain.

Chicken-Nut Casserole

A well-seasoned company casserole. Nuts and celery add crunchiness.

1 stewing chicken (3 1/2 lbs. or more), simmered, covered in water until tender
1 c. chopped celery
1 c. walnuts, pecans or almonds, chopped
2 tblsp. minced onion
1 can condensed cream of mushroom soup
1 c. mayonnaise
2 tblsp. lemon juice
3/4 tsp. salt
1/4 tsp. pepper
Fine buttered bread crumbs or crushed potato chips
Paprika

* Remove chicken meat from bones and chop. Mix with remaining ingredients, except bread crumbs and paprika.

* Turn chicken mixture into buttered 2-qt. casserole. Top with buttered bread crumbs and sprinkle with paprika.

* Bake, uncovered, in a moderate oven (350 degrees) until bubbly, about 20 minutes. Makes 6 to 8 servings.

Note: This casserole may be wrapped and frozen before or after baking.

Nouveau Vodka Cranberry (based on a recipe from Madam Geneva)

6 counts vodka
1 teaspoon cranberry preserves
Seltzer

Pour the vodka. Mix the preserves into the vodka until dissolved. Top with seltzer. Enjoy with your chicken-nut casserole!

2 comments:

Gordon said...

je vous en prie, ma chere!

Pallas Renatus said...

Cranberries are quite possibly the most delicious thing ever. Mixing them with vodka can only result in good things.

Post a Comment